Hey, Hey, You, You, I Want to be your Girlfriend!

Should I admit that I never noticed how extraordinary Silvia Leon Castro was until the subject if we were Silvialogist or a Pepalogist came into light?

I am a PepSilogist foremost. It’s the female couple I’m fond of the most but when the question was asked, I looked at Pepa and Silvia and found myself swaying towards the redhead. Pepa is magnetic and displays beauty with her striking personality and larger than life smile. But it was the mystery of Silvia that held me captivated. With the lift of an eyebrow, a sly secret wink, a subtle grin and the flare of the nostrils, I’m left wondering what she is really thinking. I can decipher Silvia’s emotions in different ways but I will never know the truth.

The reality is that Silvia displays qualities of what I would like in a girlfriend.

Her work ethic is impeccable. She was a highly respected Inspector who was the only one in the Precinct who did her work correctly the first time. Yes, she did some questionable things such as when she followed Lucas to a meet but ended up being shot. But you could count on Siliva to do the job and take it seriously all the way through.

Her loyalty to family was unfathomable. She loved her father dearly and her sister Lola was more than a sister but her best friend.

I can hold a long grudge against a family member, I am an example as I haven’t spoken to one of my sisters for over 10 years! If I was Silvia and knew my 16 year old niece was the reason why my husband and I divorced, I wouldn’t forgive either of them. Silvia was able to forget all that because they were family.

Her love is unconditional. Once the redhead found love, she gave her whole heart. Her love for Lucas seemed relentless, her love for Montoya was encouraging but hers with Pepa was unreserved. You could tell that Silvia’s soul was poured into any relationship and anyone should have been proud for this gift. Pepa was the only one who truly treasured it.

Oh dear… the list goes on but I hope one day I will find my own Silvia.

Angie, MPep

The title came from Avril Lavigne "Girlfriend".

*Note - Sorry for not including pictures. I'm bogged down at work and from the holidays that I didn't have time to look from the screenshots I wanted. I also promised Booker that I would get this up before the week was out and this was the only day of the week I could do it. Maybe once everything has settled down, I will repost with the pictures I wanted to put up.

Happy Holidays PepSi U!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Q18: I agree with you on being a Pepaholic but still got drawn to Silvia's beauty, wit, goals, and loyality. You help but think why would anyone choose when you can just sit and enjoy their presence. Gay or straight to find love like theirs is worth searching for. Great lecture.

Anonymous said...

Jess: I still can't really decide if I'm a Pepaholic or a Silvialogist (is there a test to determine that? hehe), but regardless, I am drawn to both because they have individual traits that are special and unique. But yes, Silvia DOES love unconditionally and fully...

Dr. Pied Piper said...

Thanks for the lecture, Angie, MPep. Yes, Silvia is a study in contrast - her strength can also cause her failures (i.e., extremely loyal to family and friends and exes). But she is a package and we love her for it.

I hope that you too find your own Silvia.

ilovepepsi said...

I think I love Silvia because....I would LIKE to be Silvia. Is that too weird?

ilovepepsi said...

Only thinking Silvia was born in a notebook and given her characteristic: smart and geeky, loyal, neurotic, insecured and jealous, lonely and craving love. I remember when the Taken of the comisaria, Ruth death, Gonzalo started drinking and loyal Silvia made it her business to help him, she said I m the neurotic who can' t love or let somebody love me. Very telling speech, I wonder who wrote that line, and or who created Silvia Castro, such a rich, complex character and so well defined with very little screen time.

Unknown said...

Silvia never knew Sara was the woman in her bed with Lucas

Post a Comment

 
PepSi University | TNB