9X05 Una Llamadita Inquietante - Complete Recap

Una Llamadita Inquietante (A Little Creepy Call) 

With commentary by Angie005, MPep
Medical opintion by Dr. Acid Burn, MD
Additional snark by Piper

Mariano does the introductory speech. He talks about faith and how the most legendary man in medieval Spain, El Cid Campeador, managed to win a battle and liberate Valencia from the Arabs, just by riding his horse after he had been killed. DL, Reyes, and Deker are in the briefing room talking to big wigs from the Defence Department who can’t just believe the crimes due to “supernatural reasons” (They’re right, because I don’t either). Then Mariano talks about St. Joan of Arc (Translator's comment: which IMO is the first famous lesbian; Piper's comment to Translator's Comment: She also happens to share my birthday). At the same time, Paco is going completely mental, kissing a crucifix and praying. The Defence Department deputy secretary is questioning Paco’s supernatural report, but Deker defends him, and DL kicks him (Deker) out of the meeting. The deputy secretary blames them for having provoked chaos in the country. Spaniards have gone amock: old people are being thrown onto the train tracks, religious symbols are burned, supermarkets are looted, monuments are peppered with molotov cocktails... (Piper's snark: In other words, just like North Philadelphia on a Friday night. How one precinct can cause all that is beyond me... For a Catholic country, its citizens seem like an easy prey for evil)


Mariano continues his monologue: Because when one embraces faith, no one can separate him from it.  Paco is in the interrogation room and has put up all the images of the cannibal and the murders. Kinda like a creepy shrine. Then he looks at the mirror. And in the reflection, he sees Silvia.


Paco is still looking at Silvia on the mirror reflection.
Paco: Silvia, what do I have to do? Tell me, please.
Mariano walks in.
Mariano: Paco, what’s wrong, Paco? Paco, are you all right?
Paco: Hug me, hug me tight.


Mariano: That’s it. Enough.

At the precinct hall, the whole staff is going towards the meeting table. Rita and Curtis are looking funny. Reyes asks Rita about her health, and about Dani, who seems to be doing great in hospital (Translator & Piper in unison: Ha ha!]). Reyes tells all of them that Lis is her daughter. (Piper's snark: And the long tradition of nepotism at San Antonio continues...)

Paco is at the bar, having a whisky at 6pm. Mariano tries to talk some sense into him. Mariano says that he’s always going to be there for him (now I’m sort of expecting a badge-handing moment...). But Paco is reluctant to tell him what’s going on in his head. He shows him the notebook - Satan’s notebook given to him by dead priest.

Reyes tells the staff they don’t have the case anymore. DL walks in the lab, planning to scold Deker, who alread expects it, so he’s prepared. DL surprises him by asking him for a hug. Awww. Deker sheds a tear. DL says he can examine the priest’s corpse, but not cut it open.


Multi-action. The precinct needs to find more details about the priest’s death. Deker is analysing the corpse. Paco says the priest wasn’t a virtue. Asi? So what was he? A filler? He thinks there’s a second triangle. Whatever triangle it is, we know that Aitor is one of the vectors. Deker finds out the priest met the cannibal somewhere else via the stuff on the sole of his shoes. (Piper's note: Or soul of his shoes, because he's dead. Haha!) At the bar, Paco finds out where and when the dead priest met cannibal guy from some Latin text in the notebook.  The priest's shoes have stuff from the cemetery, and salt.  SALT?  Yes, the one used on the roads during winter.  And found near the traffic camera which is situated up a hill, where cannibal guy made a cameo.

Reyes gives them all homework to do. Paco refuses Mariano’s help. Deker insists on performing an autopsy. The priest has a 14 cm cut in his foot. Rita and Curtis enter the lift, and they “have to talk”.

At the AV room, Paco shows Mariano a traffic camera recording, the one used to tag speeding vehicles, in which the cannibal shows up. Paco says “Every day, I am closer to the shadows” and then the power is cut off. The entire San Antonio is blacked out.  So now we know that the priest was with cannibal guy up in the hill because he had salt on his shoes. 


Salgado is sitting on a table at Lizarrán.
Salgado: Thanks.
Redhead waitress: Do you want a tapa until the power comes back? Come on, they’re really nice.
Salgado: Thanks.
RW: You’re welcome.
Pepa: Hello, motherfucker! [¡Hija de la gran puta!] May I sit down, or should I go down on my knees? [Well, if you want to, I’m not gonna say no!!! Haha!]
Salgado: Pepa, please.
Salgado gives her a giftwrapped box
Pepa: I didn’t buy you anything.
Salgado: Today’s the day you carry out your part of the deal.
At the precinct, the black out is bringing a clusterfuck of problems. Goyo treats Lis sarcastically because he is mad that she didn’t say that Reyes was her mother. And why would she? But then Amaia says that Curtis is her uncle. Goyo is now very pissed off.


Pepa opens the box. It contains bullets.
Salgado: There are 22 bullets, they’re clean. Change of plans, you’re not going to need the Snipper anymore. They’re going to come pick you up and they will leave you a car. In the boot, there’s a can of gas – when you’re done, burn it all down. There’s a blueprint of the Insituto Niemeyer. You will enter through the service door with the card provided. From the car park use the service lift, floor 17, door 36. It’s up to you how to get through. The guy has a bodyguard who’s also his chauffer. His office is the only place where he is alone. Well, that’s everything.
Pepa: The chauffer... carries a weapon? Don’t fuck me, Marina. Does he carry a weapon or not? He’s a dead man.
Salgado: That’s not the plan.
Pepa: So I execute a bloke in floor 17 while a guy with a weapon is waiting for me downstairs? You deal the cards, but I am the one who’s playing. You show up, sister-in-law, and everything fucks up. How are you and my brother doing? You can tell me some other day.
Marina is visibly perturbed by Pepa's words. 


@ the Lab, Deker is examining the body, but there’s apparently nothing wrong with it - no obvious sign of trauma or cause of death. Win-E’s power is running low. A phone rings... it’s inside the priest’s body.  Apparently just beneath the subcutaneous tissue since the phone light is visible from the outside. That or Fr. Sistiaga had translucent skin.  Mariano is still spooked by cannibal guy on traffic monitor and says he’s going to call the SWAT, but Paco tells him that they have all the information to solve the case in the interrogation room. They argue about it.
Paco: I am continuing the priest’s job, and I’m afraid it is I who has to defeat Satan. Are you going to help me?
Mariano storms out.
Paco: I guess I’m gonna have to fight this battle on my own. [Turns to Ghost!Silvia ] But I need your help, because I don’t know how to do it.
Win-E offers to scan the victim for a possible bomb. Rita and Curtis talk at the elevator... So they have had sex!!! Or at least Rita has given Curtis a BJ – bleeeeuuuuggghhh! Too much information!!!

Paco: I would like to close my eyes and delete everything. That everything was a product of my imagination. That it was all a lie.
Silvia: What, Paco? What, the cannibal thing? The "being the chosen one" thing? Or that you’re talking to a dead woman? You’re going to go crazy if you don’t trust in what you really believe. Why are you thinking of me?
Paco: I don’t know. I guess it’s because you always knew how to find the truth. Of all of us, you were always the most practical. The scientist.
Silvia: And do you know why I knew how to do it so well, Paco? Because I went from the back to the front, and when I stumbled on something that I didn’t understand, I’d go back and then forward again. And I’d do that a hundred, a thousand times. As many times as necessary, until I found what I was obviating. Because all things have an origin.
Paco (goes to the phone): Peñuelas, leave whatever you’re doing and listen to me.

Deker finds out that the mobile phone was placed in the priest’s stomach through the big-ass incision in his foot. And how is that physically possible? Please see medical opinion at the end of this lecture. Mariano walks in and says the cannibal is alive and they have a video to show it. He also warns them about Paco losing his mind. DL goes with him to talk to Paco. 


I guess they don't need shoes in heaven

Aitor and Reyes are playing in the roof. She is talking about how she always had to be mature because of her military family. And that's her excuse for acting like a totally deranged teenager? Aitor tells her he’ll go everywhere with her, but just as her consort.  Translator's question: So, is he actually asking her to be her boyfriend? Because that’s how I apparently asked my last gf, so I’m curious.

Rita and Curtis are still in the lift. Goyo phones her to tell her that he’s going to tell Amaia how he feels. Madrid is still in chaos from the seemingly supernatural killings. Goyo goes to talk to Amaia.


DL, Mariano, and Deker go to the interrogation-turned-asylum to confront Paco. Ghost!Silvia is still hanging around.  Now, this is just a ripoff of Medium, Ghost Whisperer, Ghost, etc.  Silvia sighs and closes her eyes as her father walks by her.
DL: What does this mean?
Paco: The cannibal is alive. Resurrected. For his third time. Or fourth. I don’t know.
Mariano: Resurrected... or not, we don’t know that, Paco.
Paco: And what the hell do you think it was, Mariano? A hologram, a fucking hologram?
Silvia: Don’t lose your temper, Paco. You’re right, you have evidence... tell them what you know.
Paco: Don Lorenzo, he went for the priest, and now he’s coming for me.
Silvia: Mariano’s inscription.
Paco: When they wrote on Mariano’s back, I was the first to read the verses. It said: “You will close the circle of evil”.
DL: For God’s sake, Paco, why would he refer to you? How would he know that you were going to be the first to read it?
Silvia: Show him the notebook. 
Paco: It’s here. The priest wanted me to have it so I could fight him.
Silvia: Give him what the priest wrote to you.
Paco: It’s there. I’m the chosen one to continue his work. It’s there. In the corpse... There has to be something. In the priest’s body. An inscription. Another symbol. Did Deker find anything?
DL: Deker has nothing.
Silvia: He is lying, Paco.
Paco: Are you sure, Don Lorenzo?
DL: I’m sure.
Silvia: I know my father, he looked away, he’s hiding something.
Paco: Has Deker found something? There’s got to be something in that corpse. All of them have something, that’s his game. What does Deker have?
DL: Paco, I told you, nothing.
Paco: Why don’t you tell me?
Silvia: Paco, calm down.
Paco: Believe me. Believe me!!!
Silvia: Calm down, you’re not gonna get anything.
Paco: That’s the speed camera recording.
Silvia: Leave it, say the video has been edited.
Paco: No!! Why don’t you believe me, why don’t you believe me???
Silvia: Paco, calm down!
Paco: Why not?
Silvia: Calm down, Paco! Drop it, trust me...
Paco: SHUT UP, SILVIA!!
TOTAL EPIC FAIL!!!


Goyo goes to find Amaia to tell her how he feels, but he doesn’t find the words.

Pepa starts preparing for her mission.  Voice over of her reading a letter she wrote for Paco which she leaves in one of the drawers of her dresser.
Pepa: Paco, if something goes wrong and I never come back, when you pick up my stuff you’ll find this letter. You were right, you were always right. I killed El Gordo. On the 25th December 2009, in Genova. Whatever they say to you, Aitor has nothing to do with it. It was I who tricked him into it, I lied to him. Please, take care of him. Now I’m in a mess, on a dead-end street. They’re making me kill someone I don’t even know. Once you have processed that your sister is a murderer, I’d like to ask you one last favour. In the second drawer of my dresser you will find my old boots, the ones you always tell me to throw away. There’s 3,600 € in one of them. Take them. It’s not much, but those are your crazy sister’s savings. You’re always saying how you’d love to go to Argentina and meet the Perito Moreno. Promise me you’ll go. Take your girlfriend and indulge yourself. I love you.
First time we saw Pepa look at the mirror,
a pelirroja was behind her giving her smoldering looks

Deker extracts the phone from the priest's tummy but his laptop runs out of battery, so Win-E offers to charge it for a couple of minutes. At the roof, Reyes confesses she’s in love with Aitor. Whatever. They then go back to the precinct. It’s chaos. Lis goes to talk to Aitor and he breaks up with her. In the lift, Rita is still going on about sex, but Curtis is almost green. Turns out he had some nice Madrid cocido, and of course his body is dying for number two! This is vintage LHDP.


Goyo has prepared some pictures to show Amaia how he feels. But Amaia knows what he’s about to say, so she tells him that she is in love with Blackman. I feel so sorry for him.

Paco and DL are still arguing, but Silvia is not there anymore (Fair enough since she was told to shut up!!). Lis brings Paco the belongings of Fr. Sistiaga. DL tells him to go home and get some rest.

Win-E only finds one number that has been programmed in the phone extracted from dead priest: Paco's cell phone number. Win-E also asks Deker to be reconnected. Pepa leaves the house in disguise but can’t bring herself to kill the target so she goes to the storage unit. 


Deker asks DL why he asked for a hug. He says their nature is welcoming. Silvia is back on screen. Deker thinks Paco is crazy.  Piper's theory: I too think he's crazy and everything is taking place in his head.  I won't be surprised if he's the one doing all the murders, since that plotline has been very popular lately.  Bloody phone rings again, but nothing is showing up on the caller ID, so Deker traces the call. The caller's number appears one at a time on his super-duper computer screen... and it's the number of Paco's house phone! 


In the lift, Curtis is dying for a crap. So he uses Reyes’ bag... Now it's just gross humor which is not humorous at all. Gasping for comedy straws, ATPP?

Pepa decides to burst her knee open so she wouldn't have to go. She was about to smack it with a hammer but Aitor gets there on time.
Pepa: Aitor, I’m sorry. It didn’t have to happen this way. They played with me. They let me kill El Gordo. I did the dirty work for them and now they have me from the balls.
Aitor: How can they have you from the balls?
Pepa: They’re blackmailing me. They have ordered me to kill a man. In two hours and a half. And if not, they’re taking us both.
Aitor: Who the fuck is blackmailing you, Pepa? Pepa!
Pepa: The CNI. I don’t know what to do, Aitor. I just wanted to win some time. But it’s no use.
Aitor: You know that lately you get into too much trouble, you know that?
Pepa: And I get you into every single one.
Aitor: I’m sorry, Pepa.
And he smacks her wrist against the shelf!
Paco and Mariano get home and the house is empty. But someone has been browsing through Paco’s photo albums and ta-dah, the Satanic cannibal is in a picture of Paco and Sara on her first communion. Wait, was that the day of the plunging breast and the pot-induced wet kiss? I guess so!


Paco is browsing Satan’s notebook. Pepa walks in, her arm in a cast.

Pepa: What’s up, Paco?
Paco: What’s with the arm?
Pepa: A stupid fall. What happened at home? I saw the CSI guys coming out.
Paco: This son of a bitch was in the house.


Pepa: Don’t worry, brother. I’m sure we’ll solve it. No matter how dark you see the sky, the stars will always be above it.

Silvia, in all her ghostly hotness appears. I am sooooo loving this.
Silvia: You only need to know where to look. I showed her that. Pepa thought that you could not see the stars in the city. So I broke all the streetlamps by hitting them with stones, so we could be in the dark.
[Flashbacks from the night they were looking at the stars]

Silvia: We laid down on the car’s hood to see the sky, and that day I asked her to stay with me in San Antonio. She was gorgeous. [Silvia is trying to kiss Pepa, in a very Ghost way. Pepa is definitely feeling her] I wanted to hug her, kiss her... but I didn’t dare do so. She reached for me with her wee finger and I moved my hand away.
Silvia then touches Pepa's pinky finger, the same finger that reached for her when they were looking at the stars...

Silvia: I’ve never been so in love with anyone in my entire life. And I will always be.

Silvia is crying, a tear falls from her eye into Pepa’s finger. Pepa is like “oh my God, she is here!”. But she can’t see her, damn it!! Paco stands up, touches Pepa’s face, and he’s still looking at Silvia.

Apparently, they also have waterproof mascara in Heaven
Paco: Thanks. Thanks for being here.
Pepa and Silvia: You’re welcome.

Yeah, I know. I am crying too.


Mariano breaks the moment and comes in to tell Paco that Amadeo de Cannibal's mama is here. The mother is a complete mess, but I guess that’s expected since her son is Satan.

At the bar, Lis tells Reyes that she’s fine because she knows she will marry him.  Reyes confesses that Aitor is with her. Lis is all heartbroken and leaves. Aitor walks in and hugs Reyes. Goyo, Rita, Amaia, and Curtis are having a beer and having fun. I’m guessing Curtis already did number 2 on Reyes’ purse.


Pepa gets a phone call.
Pepa: Hello?
Salgado: Pepa, how’s your arm?
Pepa: Fine.
Salgado: I’m only calling to tell you not to worry. You’ll have another chance. Now the only thing that matters is that you heal quickly. We’re preparing a new mission. Maybe next time it will be easier for you.
Meanwhile, two CNI big fellas are taking Aitor, apparently arresting him. What a whore!

The cannibal’s mother confesses that at the age of 8, Amadeo came back from church camp being completely different. I am betting all my money on the fact that he’s got an evil twin. And ta-dah, episode is over.

For old times' sake, here's the song that was playing when they were looking at the stars: I Will Survive (NOT the Gloria Gaynor version)

Next week: Pove, Lis, Dani and Paco in a House on a Haunted Hill rip-off. Meh.


Angie, MPep's Commentary

No doubt in my mind the brief PepSi scene in Episode 109 will be forever remembered by Pepa and Silvia fans. Since July 15, 2009, it’s been 8 months and 2 days since Silvia has been in a new LHDP episode. 8 months and 2 days since Pepa and Silvia shared a scene together. And now, here they are. Fans from all over the world held their breath to not miss a word that came out of the redhead’s mouth. We prayed that Pepa would turn her head to kiss her Pelirroja’s waiting lips. Our lips quivered as we heard “I’ve never been so in love with anyone in my entire life” behind the somber instrumental music. A single tear falling from Silvia’s eyes, landing on Pepa’s slender fingers equals a memorable PepSi scene. We are reminded of the old times of Pepa and Silvia. How the simplicity of two people’s love for each other can hold even after death. That a thought - a feeling that can calm everything.

But what was the intention of the creators and writers of Los Hombres de Paco? Was it a patch work solution to the cries of the angry PepSi fans after the death of Silvia? We will never know what was going on in Alex Pina’s mind and Globomedia when they received the thousands of postcards, phone calls and whatever else for the Save Silvia campaign. To make amends for angering a part of their audience, did they feel they needed to pay homage to why we love PepSi so much? To give the fans a closure after the mess they created? Yes, Silvia is dead and now Pepa is suffering. But here is Silvia as a ghost to share a moment with Pepa. A moment that Pepa could feel her redhead as well. That was their patch work solution to give us closure. I will admit, it worked for me.

Or was it a desperate attempt to draw back the audience they lost? Take a minute to think, Alex Pina was promoting the “Wedding of the Century” and the guest appearance of Hugo Silva for Episode 104 for audience ratings. Their numbers were steadily decreasing in Season 8 and they needed then back. The numbers reflect that Alex Pina’s promotion worked! Episode 103 had 16.9% audience ratings where Episode 104 drew 27.2%, a 10.3% increase! (Figures are only approximate).

Now was Alex Pina praying that because of the success of the ending of Season 8 that Season 9 would find them at the top ratings as in their glory days? Was Episode 104 enough for fans to wait for the premiere of Season 9? After news of a whole new cast, different story directions and rumors of current cast members leaving, it was evident that LHDP was changing. This could be the factor of their mediocre ratings for the opening of Season 9. But soon ratings were dropping to the point where they reached their worst ever. So Alex took a gamble to bring back a beloved character to draw back the audience. The one thing he forgot to do, promote that fact that Silvia was going to be in Episode 109. Did anyone know she was going to be on there? All we saw was a brief glimpse of her staring at Paco at the ending credits of Episode 108? But I heard nothing after the fact, did anyone else?

Maybe it was a desperate attempt for ratings but their Marketing Department needs a slap in the head. For now it seems plausible that Silvia’s appearance and the PepSi scene was a solution to calm the PepSi fans. In a way, the Save Silvia Campaign worked. It didn’t resolve the fact that Silvia is indeed dead but they gave us Silvia for an episode.

Will we see Silvia again?

MEDICAL OPINION
by Dr. Acid Burn, MD

It's highly improbable that the phone was placed in Fr. Sistiaga's stomach through the incision in his foot. ATPP and the writers seem to be under the impression that the human skin is all loose like those footie pajamas when in fact it's closely adhered to the muscle and fascia layer underneath. You can't just make an incision and kinda slide the phone under the skin to where you want it to go. I suppose there is a way to make it easier, say if you had an older person whose skin tends to be more loosely adherent or if the guy was really fat and you starved them for a few weeks to make the skin loose enough (very Silence of the Lambs).


Even then, it would be extremely difficult to get the phone from the foot all the way to the abdomen without damaging the skin particularly with an object as large as a cellphone. If you did manage to do it though, it would be fairly obvious which path the phone took underneath the skin from the foot to the leg to the abdomen because the skin will be all floppy, loose and all bruised up if he did it fairly close to the guy's death (or worse while the guy was alive). He would have probably done this fairly close to time of death as rigor mortis will make the process even more difficult and the skin will be more pliable the closer it is to TOD. Also with all the bodily fluids involved in the whole process, the phone wouldn't be working anymore by the time it got to the abdomen (unless it was some sort of super waterproof cellphone with really long battery life).

And clearly, I have spent too much time thinking about this. I suppose I should stop picking at the medical details on this show since this is the same group of writers who thought it was believable for A DOCTOR with a gunshot wound to the liver to operate on herself.

Incidentally, the whole cell phone in the abdomen thing was such a rip off from The Dark Knight. Only the joker made it easier on himself and just made a big ole incision in the guy's abdomen and closed it up.


52 comments:

tiddlyfratz said...

I am crying and I haven't seen the episode yet!

Anonymous said...

Awwwww!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Dr Beke.

I watched it 5 times already and cried all along. That is an accomplishment from the LHDP writers since a) I am not the crying type and b) I promised myself it would not happen again after the 104 nightmare.

It was fantastic to witness Silvia declaring her love for Pepa. She did it many times in the past but not verbally.

And it was a beautiful goodbye from Marian to her fans. Eventually we will keep as last image a Silvia smiling and in love (and not in pain and dying).

I do not regret my postcard afterall ... :-))

APM

PS: Pepa is not going to feel less pain any time soon. That breaks my PepSi's heart all over again. But to me it is the only realistic element of the season 9 so far.

Shay said...

ugh my heart. the writers pulled their heads out of their asses just long enough to get this right. I found my self getting weepy... yet still grinning ear to ear. I hate that ep 104 happened... this story should NOT have ended in death. period. but at least we got a resolution that was worthy of this couple.

and MA is just fucking amazing.

Watching it the first (of like 7 times so far) time i understood most, but my spanish is just good enough not to get me killed or cursed out in my travels... so BIG thanks Dr Beke for the speedy post! :) damn i gotta go watch it again now

tiddlyfratz said...

I just watched the episode. I am still crying but at least there is a bit of closure. My Spanish is not so hot so I await the translation and am so grateful that you do the translation

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the speedy post.

Every time I re-watch that pepsi scene, I cry like a little girl...

And MA is a Goddess

Anonymous said...

I just realized that it is MA I want and that LDHP is not the same without her

Anonymous said...

Jess: *sniff* *Wipes a little tear from the corner of her eye...* Finally, TPTB got this done well enough, although it will never justify what they did in last season's finale, but, man... I SO miss Silvia/Marian... Thanks, Dr. Beke...

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful moment. Thank you so very much for the pictures and the translation. You cannot know how I appreciate your efforts !!!

LONG LIVE PEPSI

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU for the speedy translation. WOW MA is AMAZING! Silvia vocalizing her love for Pepa, for the 1st time, I liked it I cried but i liked it.

pascaleledumbo said...

ZOMG!!!!
ZOMG!!

I am totally speechless!!!

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL ... JUST BEAUTIFUL. A NICE WAY TO WRAP IT ALL UP IN MY HEART. I am impressed with the writing of the Pepa/Paco/Silvia scene and it is so wonderfully acted by all three actors. So bittersweet to see Silvia smiling and loving Pepa. I will give this one to the writers. Wish there were more.

Junebuggy1757 said...

Oh god! I haven't actually been watching this season, but I had to for this one. Silvia! Ugh, my heart broke and I cried. I never cry. I loved the PepSi/Paco scene. It really was brilliant.

Thank you so much for the translation/recaps! Ya'll are awesome!

Anonymous said...

where I could download the episode?

PepSiLove! said...

OMG!!! I am crying crying...I can't take a breath from my happiness and this wonderfully loving and amazingly adorable PepSi scene!!!
What a comfort for our PepSi hearts...I just felt a little depressed that Pepa couldn't see her but...Then I realized that she was absolutely feeling her..and the tear....the Sivia's tear! Ohhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! <3
Pepa was like listening to Silvia and feeling her indeed...
Wasn't she? Oh plz tell me she was...!!! :-)

PepSiLove! said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
PepSiLove! said...

I was dreaming something similar for them to happen in this (now crap) LHDP show!
And It would be just dreamy if it will also follows even one more scene with Silvia's ghost and Pepa seeing her and talking to her,crying for her and tell her for the last time that she loves her too...Always and Forever!!!.....But I guess that's not possible and I will keep imagining that only in my PepSi dreams!

Shilpa Bille said...

Hi,

Thank you for such fast recap of episode. I was counting days literally to read it after looking at the 109's promos as Silvia was suppose to come back. She did but for few moments but i guess that is overwhelming for all Pepsi Fans like us. I guess this is the closure given to us by producers to PEPSI Fan's. I still hope that this is one big dream of Paco and next season everything turns to be normal.

You and your teams hard work is highly appreciated.

Please keep translating.

Thank you.

Regards from India,
Shilpa

Anonymous said...

Thanks Dr. Beke and the rest of the PepSiU team and Dosse for putting this up so quickly! I could hardly see the scene the first time I watched on A3's site since I'm a huge softie and was just sobbing away! Some things like Silvia's undying love for Pepa and the incredible connection Marian and Laura have on screen, don't need translation. And then you guys graciously translated it so quickly and I think I sobbed even more the second time around! I may hate TPTB for what they did to this most beautiful of love stories, but they gave us as close as we could get to closure with this scene. But more than that, Laura and especially Marian were just pure gold!

Sniff...I'm off to write more happy PepSi fanfic!

Besos for everything you do here for the PepSiverse!

lenageek

gophergirl said...

Thanks for the speedy, thorough recap! Beautiful. I love that the streetlight busting was confirmed, because it adds such a sweet quality to those early days (like they were actually teenagers again).

acidburn said...

Thanks to Dr. Beke, Pepsienglish and Dr. Piper for all that you do for the PepSi Fandom! :)

sugababe said...

thanks for the recaps.
I need to see the Silvia/Pepa scene asap!

pascaleledumbo said...

Thanks again to Dr.Beke, Pepsienglish, Dr.Piper and Angie005 for the translation, quick recaps, videos and commentary of this episode..

Since it was uploaded, I've been watching this for God knows how many times and how much tears I've shed as well..

@sugababe..Here's the scene courtesy of pepsienglish..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK3ISoc42sU

sugababe said...

aaww thanks pascaledumbo! a Spanish friend of mine sent me the vid this morning too.

"Apparently, they also have waterproof mascara in Heaven"

ROFL

keep up the good work!

Sie said...

Thank you all for everything you do!! I have a favor to ask of you. I was wondering if I could get how Pepa says 'No matter how dark you see the sky, the stars will always be above' in spanish like she says it?? I am actually considering getting inked with it cause I loved it so much. Thanks again! You ladies are amazing

Anonymous said...

HELLO SIE:

Pepa says in spanish: "Por muy negro que veas el cielo las estrellas siempre están encima"

I'm from Mexico, so this is the exact phrase as Pepa said. And the meaning of the phrase is amazing, would be a great tattoo ;).

Anonymous said...

Sie, that's a great idea for a tat! Sigh...I need to get PepSi ink now, I think. I've got my Xena: Warrior Princess tat and my tat inspired by the film Imagine Me and You - now I need an idea for a PepSi tat! :D

Oh and to PepSiLove - I did write my intepretation of Silvia's ghost talking to Pepa one last time after ep 109 - just click on my livejournal link above my comment to read if you're interested.

PepSiLove! said...

Oh lenageek...I did read your fanfic and omg! You can see my comment there!...My nickname is the "pepsiAdore"!!! :-)
Gracias to all of you!!!

Anonymous said...

For those interested, the complete dialog of PepSi 109 is available in Spanish at Antena3 website:

http://www.antena3.com/PortalA3com/Los-hombres-de-Paco/Silvia-vuelve-lado-Pepa/PA_2335875_6360235_10205480

APM

booker said...

My mind has been so full with thoughts and memories since wednesday night. This past episode brings this image to mind: in Christmas morning, the gifts are under the tree. They are beautifully wrapped and are all shapes and sizes.
After everything has been opened. someone notices this small box in the back, with a little bow on it. The wonder of it all, it is the reunion of Pepa and Silvia, our beautiful ghost. A small present for us? In honor of their love and the fans who adored them? I don't know what the motive was, but it was a gift and it was well done. The new season can be about new super brats, new faces, bloody murders and new loves(like a big Christmas, where people only notice the big and splashy stuff), but it came down to a scene, a small gift.

Con said...

Watching season9 is painful. Pepa's so hurt and angry.

I miss that beautiful smile.

And it is as if only Silvia can bring that serenity to her.

Sie said...

Gracias ebdaly!! I appreciate it soo much! You guys all made me laugh with being so stoked about my future tattoo!

This episode was amazing! I miss our favorite pelirroja MA! She looked amazing as usual :-D I have to agree that watching Pepa being so hurt is painful but I can see the growth that LS has had through this situation. I just wish we could all wake up and have Silvia's death be a bad dream.

Anonymous said...

LOL! Sie, I'm glad you got a good laugh out of everyone's comments on your tat! When you get it, post a pic of it for everyone to see at AE! :D And don't we all wish we could all wake up and have Silvia's death be a bad dream.

PepSiLove, thanks for your comments on my fic - they're much appreciated.

Hey, maybe the writers will redeem themselves and have Paco wake up and say it was a dream like some have said - that line 'I would like to close my eyes and delete everything' could lend credit to that theory. Then again, hmm, LHDP/ATTP writers redeeming themselves - seems kinda unlikely with the shitstorm that's been going on this season! Urgh...

Btw, was I the only one wondering what Silvia was doing after she said to Paco 'You're going to go crazy if you don't trust in what you really believe' - was she playing with candle wax? Is poor Silvia really that bored in heaven without Pepa at her side that she's now become a master wax figurine maker in the afterlife? :pp Oh, and that wink she gives Paco...sigh...hotness!

Sie said...

Lenageek I will fo sho post it once i get the cash to even get the tat lol

It would redeem ATTP a bit in my eyes if all of a sudden Paco woke up and it was the wedding day again! *daydreams* Yes that would be amazing! Completely unlikely that they would do such a thing but considering everything they have been ripping off later why not add another one and go back to people really enjoying the show cause of PepSi love??

You were not the only one wondering lol I have a feeling she is really that bored without her badass by her side ;-) And that wink! *swoons*

lenageek said...

Sie - yes, it would redeem ATTP in my eyes a bit too if Paco woke up a la Dallas (see my LJ for my take on that particular fantasy) - shit, the show's been ripping off every other film/TV show this season, why not one more??

Yeah, poor Silvia. Up there in heaven with Montoya, Kike, Nelson, etc, knitting doilies to pass the time. Bet she's talking to God or whomever's in charge, pissed off, since she wants to get more than day pass next time to the land of the living - that way she can spend a few weeks inside Pepa's head, and much Ghost Silvia/Pepa sex will commence! :pp

Sie said...

lenageek- I would completely accept it if ATTP decided to rip off one more film/tv show and have Silvia back. I miss the beautiful pelirroja!! I mean I am a die hard Pepa FANATIC but to see her in such a state because Silvia is gone is just painful. *wishful thinking*

I can just see Silvia going all Pepa badass on whom ever is in charge of Earth visits *hysterics*

I will still be watching the show because I couldn't quit on Pepa ever. And I really like the growth that Laura has had during this period of BS(for a lack of a better term). I will watch the show till the end and continuously hope that this was all a bad dream!

Cela said...

There was this other popular Spanish show called "Los Serrano" that was created/produced by Alex Pina and Daniel Ecija. It ended in 2008 and, in the finale, the audience realizes the WHOLE show (all five years) was just a dream that one of the main characters had. This finale was intensely disliked and criticized, so I really doubt we'll get a similar ending here for the Pacos.

On the other hand though, with all the rip-offs we've had this season, maybe they'll just go completely nuts and rip-off their own show which already ripped-off Dallas as one last, giant rip-off of all rip-offs!

All I know is, if it were to bring back PepSi, I wouldn't complain!

Sie said...

I wouldn't want it to be end of the show if they did that but I'll take just about anything if suddenly Silvia was alive and well. The rip of list will most likely continue because it has become completely obvious that ATTP cant come up with any new ideas... I guess thats what happens when you kill of your muse!

lenageek said...

I'd take anything if we'd get PepSi back, in love, healthy and alive, and to not have Pepa sleep with Deker but I think that's wishful thinking at this point...

Sie said...

I think I just threw up a little just thinking about it.... Ugh Deker and Pepa jsut the visual makes me kinda sick.... I really couldn't take it if they sleep together. Please just be a dream Please! I feel like if Silvia doesn't come back the show will have a slow painful end, well maybe not so slow... I'll keep watching besides the parts where Pepa sleeps with someone other then Silvia. But I doubt ATTP will learn that MA was his muse lol that show was amazing because of what she brought with her.

tiddlyfratz said...

Yuck to Deker and Pepa.

Stephanie said...

What a beautiful, sad episode. It reminded me how great those two really are together (and honestly MA made everything better-so much emotion just with Paco). I still can't believe ATPP didn't realize what he had and find a way to get MA to stay. What an idiot!

Cela--that is so funny about ATTP already ripping off Dallas. Maybe he can steal from the X-files or something and have Silvia come back after they kill the cannabal (sp?). A balancing of sorts. I'd be happy with whatever nonsense they put together if Silvia comes back.

Not to sound like a backwoods American but are Silva and Pepa wearing their wedding rings on their right hands?

Anonymous said...

Well if they wanted to give us PepSi fans closure, for me it worked. Hell anything is better than having to end with Silvia shot and bleeding all over her pristine white wedding gown. So here's me, all closured up. Long live PepSi..now maybe that little moment between Silvia and Pepa will help Pepa through her grief.

Cela said...

Stephanie - Sorry, I didn't see your comment until just now. But, yeah, I wouldn't even care how ridiculous the plot was if it meant we would somehow get Pepa and Silvia back together again.

As for the rings...in Spain, wedding rings are worn on the right hand.

AnomalyStar said...

Beautiful, just....beautiful


*banging my head to the wall because i was so damn late for this PepSi hype moment*

gosh, i'm late bloomer die hard fans of PepSi.
MA trully a goddess, super bonito!

Callisto said...

I'm very late! lol! The "closure" was very touching. But still! So many could have should have...
Coma. Coma would have been the better way to go. Was it that difficult to send her into a coma?! :'(
I think the writers didnt realize that had a gold mine or were oblivious. I have no doubt PepSi has touched the hearts of many, maybe even changed the lives of some. They will always be with us. Always.

ilovepepsi said...

Marian Aguilera knows there are still PEPSI fans out there and she thanks the support trust me on this.

ilovepepsi said...

Pina knew LHDP was dead on arrival. What maybe he should have ended with Pepa rushing to save Paco at that last shootout and getting shot herself, many fans felt she should be suicidal and a suicide when Silvia died. Pepa dies instantly, not long suffering and we see Silvia coming to get her and help her to cross over, walking hand in hand happy as little kids. It sure beats that lame non silvia girl next to her. I get the feeling Pepa can fuck another 53 women and men but wtll not be happy or fall in love again.

ilovepepsi said...

About GhostSilvia, for whatever reason, it doesn't speak to me and I m a crybaby. I cried with Pove's rape, I cried with every group hug the most when Pepa returns after killing El Gordo, I cried almost everytime Silvia cried, I cried with Pepa seaching her pelirroja while doing stupid Deker, stupid script about water and islands ( who talks like that especially after premature ejeculation, that was what Deker " performed") I guess I don't buy Silvia making herself vsible to Paco, such a great effort !,

ilovepepsi said...

I keep at it, and since M.A. wanted out, there was little A.P. could do other than kill her, did it needed be so bloodied and heartbreaking? And Silvia was brave all right but her firstshooting she went down like a bag of potatoes. Oh, well. I do believe GhostSilvia was a gift from both A.P. and M.A. for Pepsi fans, a proper good bye and thank you for all your support.. Of course, most fans have not accepted death and prefer to think that somewhere somehow they are alive together forever, Pepa and Silvia, not Laura who is with the singer now around 7 years and calls him my man, and Marian with her usual privacy doesn't let on who she is having a good time, if any guy should be so lucky.

ilovepepsi said...

I meant to say people killed violently is unfinished business for their ghost. People say they are happy that Silvia is happy, but why the tear, and the nostalgic: I will always love you. That's not a happy camper...eh, ghost. Silvia must know being a ghost, that Damian is a fraude, he ain't no Satan and Pepa danger was real.

Unknown said...

That happy ghost Silvia I did not buy

Post a Comment

 
PepSi University | TNB