Looking for a few good lesbians...

Members of our faculty are sharing their stories about their first time--their first time with PepSi. How did they discover these women and LHDP? Tell us about your first time, we asked.
Here is my story.

I am known as a romantic and I deserve that label. I am in love and I love the idea of being in love. All I have ever wanted was to see two women in love on television or in film--was that too much to ask for? Apparently it was.

I heard about Central Hospital's Maca and Esther via AE and I was hooked. I loved the characters and, may I say, Patricia Vico. On their site, it was announced that LHDP was going to introduce a new lesbian character. The first thing I thought was "what was it about Spain and lesbians?!"


I watched Pepa's arrival and the gentle flirtation between the two women--all in Spanish. This was before Pepsienglish opened up my world. So the only way I could have any idea about what was going on was to read the updates on the forum and watch the scenes over and over. And over. It didn't matter, I had found the lesbian story that I had always dreamed existed.

I asked myself why I like them right from the start. There are numerous reasons why I love PepSi today, but what drew them to me in those early episodes? This was what I thought in early 2008: (I don't deny that some of these comments are shallow)
  • Marian and Laura were so beautiful, they were like YouTube eye candy
  • Their story line was respectful to their friendship and their growing romance
  • These two actors had great chemistry and there was this building suspense about how and when they would kiss--get thee to a bathroom!
  • They were simply sexy together
All of us can remember the stripper joint scene. When Pepa taught Silvia to dance in the interview room...how Pepa first touched Silvia and then left the room....Silvia leaned back on the table...she was completely flustered and rattled by Pepa. Well, that was me each week watching PepSi. My heart would flutter, my jaw would drop, my eyes would widen and I smiled like I had just won the lesbian lottery.

This romantic fool was happy. Blissfully happy.

Dr. Booker

Piper'sNote:
Dr. Booker was the very first one after myself who posted a lecture at Pepsi University.  I invited her because of our shared love for Teddy Kennedy.  Her lectures have added so much and taught us so much that I cannot imagine a Pepsi University without Booker. But she does so much more than post lectures: she invites lecturers and schedules their posts, she comes up with weekly themes like this Lecture Series, and most importantly, she cares for Pepsi University (sometimes I think she cares more than I do).  So thank you Booker, for everything.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Q18: Great lecture. Always positive and makes you all warm and mushy inside. ;DD

kalike said...

I saw the picture before I read this and thought, "That's not PepSi!" hahaha. After reading it I thought, "There's another lesbian couple on Spanish tv?!" In all seriousness, I've heard of this couple before, but medical shows aren't really my thing. Plus, I've heard they've been through some crazy shit - crazier than PepSi!

And I smiled each week too - how could you not w/ the way their story was handled? A wonderful story, Dr. B.

Cela said...

I could never get into Hospital Central myself...and then Pepa and Silvia came along and I decided I wouldn't even bother trying with that show anymore. I think PepSi has spoiled me for all lesbian storylines on tv now.

Thanks for your unapologetically romantic take on PepSi, Dr. B!

Leebraz said...

Maca is THE lesbian character on Spanish TV. Patricia's name comes first in HC's credit, ahead of many who were protagonists when she started as a supporting actor in the show. What ruins HC for me is Esther. A left-over character who was only hot by association, and after getting pregnant by a co-worker on a cheating night (I don't care if that was only once as her fans insist on annoyingly), she sort of died for me. Too bad I end up missing my Maca fixes due to my terrible esther allergy.

angie005 said...

Sadly, I was one of the people who couldn't get hooked on Maca and Esther. I did momentarily for a night but after that they don't cross my mind. Pepa and Silvia are sooooo much better... furthermore, I heard the storyline with Maca & Esther is pretty redundant.

Diana said...

What can I say is that I loves Maca and I really realy hates Esther, but for LHDP I loves both Pepa and Silvia very very much.

Post a Comment

 
PepSi University | TNB